Turkey Ball Rules
Turkey Ball sets this tournament apart from others.
The Turkey Ball winner takes possession of the Turkey Trophy for an entire year.
The Turkey Golf Classic includes a standard scramble competition + the Turkey Ball!
- Each 4-person team is given one official Turkey Ball
- The Turkey Ball competition is in effect on all par 3s and par 5s
- For those holes, the entire team continues to play the scramble while one designated team member ALSO plays the Turkey Ball (from tee to green)
- The golfer playing the Turkey Ball rotates, so each team member plays it for 2 holes during the round.
- At the end of the round, each team turns in their scramble score and a separate Turkey Ball score along with their actual Turkey Ball (if a team loses their Turkey Ball, they are eliminated from the Turkey Ball portion of the tournament.)
- Awards and recognition will be given for both the scramble and the Turkey Ball competitions (Turkey Ball scores will be handicapped based on team scramble scores.)
- Each team may purchase “back-up” Turkey Balls for $25 each. If the original Turkey Ball is lost, the back-up Turkey Ball will be played with a 1 stroke penalty from the point where the original left play.
- Teams wishing to concentrate on the scramble may choose not to participate in Turkey Ball. In this event, the Turkey Ball should be discretely set aside and not sold (or given) to other teams.
Note – A single team will not be allowed to win both the first flight of the scramble competition AND the Turkey Ball competition. In the event a team is able to post the lowest score in both categories, it must choose between fortune (Scramble) and fame (Turkey Ball).